~
I dreamt of - again last night (albeit it was a very strange one)! And for some weird inexplicable reason, I've been dreaming of this same person for the last few nights too. He was, erm, going off for war and I thought I'd never get to see him again so I jumped onto the moving train to go together LOL. I think I sound so desperate here, haha! Okay, nevermind. Moving on...
~
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My Richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride
See from His head His hands His feet
Sorrow and love mingled down
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown
Oh the wonderful cross
Oh the wonderful cross
Bides me come and die and find
that I may truly live
Oh the wonderful cross
Oh the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace
draw near and bless your name
Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were and an off'ring far too small
Love so amazing so divine
Demands my soul my life my all
Oh the wonderful cross
Oh the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find
that I may truly live
Oh the wonderful cross
Oh the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace
draw near and bless your name
We sang this during today's service in Frontliners. Judy even took the trouble to explain what each verse meant so we wouldn't sing it just for the sake of it but rather because we really mean it. Translated, the song actually means:
When I look at the wonderful cross where my Saviour died, the material things which I treasure count for nothing and I look down on my own pride.
The crown of thorns on His head and the nails driven through His hands and feet are filled with such sorrow but it is done because of His great love for us.
Even if the entire Earth were mine, if I had everything that I've ever wanted, that would be too little to offer. For it is a love so great that it would require my life, my soul, my everything.
Yea, it's basically along these lines I think... Please correct me if I'm wrong! :D
1:24 PM